Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bermuda, Bahama, Come on Pretty Mama........

Well, Craig finally talked me into leaving the kids behind for a 20th anniversary celebration in Bermuda. We had a great time. It's lovely to be with your husband and just BE. We explored and talked and snorkeled and shopped and slept with the sound of the waves in our ears. This is the view from our room. It looks a little misty because every time I stepped out of our cool room my lens would fog up, the contrast was that big. The water was sooooo blue.



Coconuts on trees! Gorgeous flowers everywhere.

This was a very intricate mosaic on the wall of a shopping area. There were lots of them, on walls and walkways.

Cute policewoman. Almost all the business people in Bermuda wear shirt, tie, jacket and shorts (Bermuda shorts!) with long socks and dress shoes. It looked funny and first but we got used to it.

Lots of scooters everywhere. If you are a tourist in Bermuda you can't rent a car. Only residents have cars. You can rent a scooter (we didn't) or ride the bus, ferry or a taxi. The buses go everywhere and a new one comes by every 15 min. I loved it 'cause I got to observe lots of different people and talk to most of them! :)


Hamilton, Bermuda. Bermuda is only 14 miles long and is divided into about 7 provinces.

A ginger brownie and a orange, pineapple smoothie at "Juice and Beans" . Yumola

A group of cute little school children going on a ferry ride.

Saw this in a fun little shop. It's a stuffed picture frame. Love it.

Good door.

Another good door.


Great door.

One of the things Bermuda is famous for is their glass blowing. We watched this guy for awhile, it is fascinating.

These are some of the things they make.


Craig hamming it up at the point of the Bermuda triangle.

We ate lunch one day at the Frog and Onion Pub. I had a spinach and cheese puff pastry. OOOLALA it was yummy.

Caught this wave right before it hit him.. Just kidding.



Another cool door.

I had to take this one 3 times 'cause I never made it in the picture before the timer went off. :)

All of the houses were yellow, blue, purple, peach, green, pink or tan in all different shades. I loved, loved, loved them. I liked yellow best.

We found the best snorkeling place at Horseshoe Bay. We found out later they call this the "kiddie area" which suited me just fine!!!! The little boy in the foreground stole my heart. He was chasing around a huge parrot fish and would say things like, "Doddy, come see dees feesh! Dees is a goood feesh. He has a strong tell. I like dees feesh."

This was Craig's favorite snorkeling place~ Church Bay. I tried but I wasn't tall enough and the waves kept knocking me silly. So I walked around on the beach picking up sea glass. By the way, the sand here is PINK, from the pieces of pink coral that mix with the sand. Brought some home!

Sigh.....



Loved this door.......

on this church.

This is the world's narrowest drawbridge. It only wide enough for the mast of a ship to go through. It's not used now but Bermuda likes to brag about it.



We had to come here to get Tucker a t-shirt. The lady in the shop told me a grandmother had come in to get shirts for her 6 month old grandson named Tucker and she bought one in every size, from 6 months to men's XL. Tucker is actually a common Bermuda name because there was a famous shipwreck explorer by that name from here.

Gorgeous, huh? Totally not photo shopped.

I love my camera.

I took this one for my kids. We've been watching Soul Surfer this summer and liked the part where the youth director showed them pictures of something close up, then far back, all about getting God's perspective on things. So, this may look like a cave in the side of a cliff, but it's really...


one of the hole's in this big rock on our beach.

My guy!




My toes had a great view from our balcony.

This is who I woke up to every morning in our hotel room. Pretty freaky, huh?

We had so much fun! Thank you, sweet Craig, for bringing me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment