Monday, October 24, 2011

Camp~ Day 1

This summer Craig and I decided it was time for the boys to go to camp. We found an awesome one, led by one of our online teachers. It's called Landry Academy Summer Camps and it takes place at Lees-McRae College in North Carolina. Surprisingly, Sully was all for it and Tucker had to be nudged a little. Camp is an educational one, they got to choose their class, Sully- Civil War Camp and Tucker- C.S. Lewis Camp. When not in class they had lots of cool activities to choose from. My Mom and I took Drew Preston and Ellie with us and stayed in the same town as the camp and had fun exploring the area. (No way was I sending my two big guys to another state so far away without me. They were so good about it, even encouraged me to come to dinner and to some of the activities, I think they needed little sister hugs. :) )

First day of exploring, Grandfather Mountain.



My little rock climbers can't resist a single boulder.



or log



At this point, Drew Preston said, "I've got myself in a pickle!"

A bear!!!!!

Behind a fence!!!!



We drove to the top of Grandfather Mtn. and crossed the swinging bridge. It was COLD at the top.

Windy, too.

Found this sign halfway through a hiking trail. Hmmmm.

Drew Preston and I went on this trail together. Mother and Ellie stayed in the car, knitting.

We didn't worry about mountain lions or bears, cause they told us none had been seen in the area for over 10 years. Later we found out, from some locals, that they are seen all the time, but the rangers say none have been seen in order not to scare off the tourists. EEEEEEEEKKKKK. Oh well, we made it.


This we called the t-rex rock. Could be a fossil left over from the flood?

Here's the only wildlife we saw that day. Yuck.

Drew Preston wasn't too sure there was no bear in there.

Me either.





Climber.

We got to go to the Original Mast General Store outside of Banner Elk. Very fun.


The kids LOVED the old fashioned candy barrels. Just like Laura and Mary!

Tool drawers. So cool. I want this in my house.

Owl rocks. :)

Ellie lined up all her gummy bears for a photo.

Drew Preston found a seat by his big brother for the balloon man show.





No comments:

Post a Comment